Thursday, April 14, 2005

All I Left Behind

I can't remember if/when I last talked about this, but I'm really looking at another spring cleanup to get rid of the numerous crap in the house.

Okay, crap isn't the best word for it because we got this stuff for one reason or another.
[I'm being distracted right now by my daughter who has somehow found at least 200 questions about pierced navels. Send help.]

So, back to stuff. I'm trying in vain to get my wife to go through the videos we have (there's about 300) and put all the ones she wants keep on a shelf. One shelf. It should be enough. She's barely watched any of the movies we do have and never seems interested in watching them at any point in the future. With me working on the computer seemingly 20 hours a day, it's easier for me to watch any I'm interested in over the computer either through the DVD drive or just a downloaded copy (I have Assault on Precinct 13 just waiting to be watched).
[OK, I've completely failed as a father. My daughter's in tears now because she tried to put her happy face ring in her belly button and freaked out when I said people don't wear such big rings there because piercing a hole that big would really hurt and probably make you sick with infection.]

Sigh.

So, I can see no reason to have maybe a dozen or two videos on the shelves. My daughter have a bunch because she at least gets to watch hers. Most of mine aren't "kid friendly" which means the only appropriate time to watch them is when the kids are asleep (and that's when things like this don't get inerrupted by a little girl wanting to know about navel piercings). So, why keep any of my videos?

CDs are keepers. I think I got rid of any I no longer wanted years ago and although there's still a few I'd get rid of, my wife seems to think they're less obtrusive in the house.

I'm still looking at how to get rid of the comics quickly and efficiently and of course, eBay knows my schedule and only plans cheap-listing days when I have no feasible way of listing all the crap that could just GO. My original goal was to get a minimum of 50 items a day ready for one of these super-cheap listing days, but with school commitments being what they are, it hasn't happened quite yet. I hated missing that 1-cent listing day as I would've/could've spent the entire 24 hours listing items to sell and sell cheap just to get rid of them!! Selling with a cost of 1-cent as opposed to 30-cents? HUGE difference.

I'm motivated to start scanning right now --If only I could get my daughter to stop bugging me about belly button rings...

No comments: