Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Oops!

I've discovered another one of my uncanny abilities:

eMail faux-pas.

An eMail faux pas is a comment in an email message that after sending it and receiving a repsonse makes you go:

Oops.

I know I sent a few at work and one of those my boss (one of the ones I liked) called me an idiot for sending it.

Historically, these faux pas have included:

ME: Hey woman, How ya doing? Haven't heard from yu in a while so thought I'd email ya and see what's up? Still married? ;-)
REPLY: Hey back. Nope we seperated right after Christmas.

ME: Hey, glad to hear everything worked out for you two the weekend! I'm surprised he'd be interested in that! You'll be the death of him yet, right? ;-)
(corporate) REPLY: It is with great sadness we announce the passing of our colleague...

And the latest...
ME: What? you're in California? Bitch.
REPLY: Well, my stepdad died on Friday and I'm taking care of my Mom with Alzheimers. Want to trade?

Y'know....

Sometimes it's a good idea to crawl under that blanket and stay for a while.

2 comments:

Madley said...

LMAO couldn't help but giggle -- I've done this a lot too, but less so now (thank goodness). Yours, however are real DOUZIES! :)

Dreama said...

and I thought mine were terrible...YEOOUCH...