Friday, December 22, 2006

Speaking of being mocked....

I'm leaning more and more to doing something creative for Christmas each year and just giving away drawings/paintings and making my own cards. Anything to keep me away from the effing stores in December.

On Wednesday morning, after dropping my daughter off at school, my son & I headed downtown to one store to pick up a few "last minute" stocking stuffers (a magazine and some Lindt chocolate for my wife). It was early, about 15 minutes before the store actually opened. So, I parked in a virtually empty parking lot. I parked down the far end, away from the obvious row of employee vehicles, and away from the lazy people who parked as close as legally possible to the doors.

At 8:45am, there are close to 200 empty parking spots around me. So where does the next car park?

Right beside me.

And, no, I don't mean they pulled into the spot right next to me... no, no!! I mean, they pulled in so close beside me I couldn't get out of the car. I had to drive to another spot just get my son & I out of the car.

It wasn't the only time it happened that day either. Going to the mall later, I came out and some putz in a Cadillac had parked at such an angle, I couldn't get out of my spot. I had a couple choices....
1) Wait til the putz came back and blast away to get him to move his car.
2) Wait until the driver of the car on the other side of the parking row moved so I could pull forward and out.
3) Do this instead:

Talk to mall security and have them call a tow truck. Merry frickin' Christmas, ya putz!!

2 comments:

Madley said...

I HATE when people do that! Like they have no concept of PERSONAL SPACE.

Especially annoying at movies and they have to sit RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU hwne there are 500 other seats in the house (I go to movies at weird times so I can have a little breathing room), or in church when there's lots and lots of room.

You should tow them next time -- towing is such a bummer (okay, I've boo-booed myself by parking late at night and not knowing I was in front for a driveway!), but boy I'd love to sic it to those space-eaters too...

Dreama said...

I got blocked in once in my own parking lot in Waterloo. Thankfully I was still driving my old Camry with the rubber bumper. The car blocking me in was a shitbox...so I jammed it into reverse, slid the car out of the way on the ice, and away we went...sure I left a dent in his car, but I did not care. He shouldn't have blocked me in the first place.