Sunday, December 24, 2006

Oh, Me of Little Faith....

So, because I'm so problematic to buy gifts for... anyone reading my blog for any length of time knows what I'm talking about, but for a refresher, I'll explain.

Basically, since the day I met my wife, I've suddenly become "difficult" to buy presents for. Did that make sense? Everyone says "I don't know what to get you" despite the fact when they ask, I'll always tell them what I have my eye on. Anyone remember when the Beatles Anthology CDs came out? I really wanted them for Christmas that year and when I went to buy them, I was scolded by my wife because "You asked for it for Christmas!"

I think that CD set came out in 1995.... I'm still waiting for it for Christmas.

And, seriously, for each Christmas and birthday ever since, I've gotten really lame presents that might be close to what I asked for, but not quite. Anyone remember when I asked for the Simpson's DVD set only to get the biography of the voice of Bart Simpson? Yeah, that "close."

This year (don't ask me why), I gave written lists to everyone with specific items for Christmas, including:
  1. Superman II DVD - The Richard Donner Edition (which is much different than the theatrical release... Marlon Brando was actually in Superman II!!)
  2. XD Memory Card (1 gigabyte).... XD is like an SD memory card, which most digital cameras and MP3 players take, but my camera takes the XD card, which are harder to find :(
  3. Daredevil DVD Director's Cut.... it's got Jennifer Garner in it... that's all that matters.
  4. Zoo Tycoon II Collection for the PC... it's a fun game and educational, which means I can play it with the kids when we're stuck at home with nothing to do.
  5. Any season of Scrubs on DVD (I like the show).
But I figure, as with past years, I'll be picking these things up for myself on December 26th. I have such little faith in my family.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

Ok, now I am curious...what did you get? Come on, give it up..what was under the tree for the hoser?