Friday, December 08, 2006

The Sound of Reading....

Here I'd just posted that I'd been waiting an extremely long, long, LONG time for a book to come in at the library and guess what?

They called to let me know my book was in.

So, you know I raced down to get it. I got there, handed my card over and watched the librarian scan it. She went to the backroom and came out with my book.

All 5 CDs.

They requested the frickin' audio book for me!!! ARGH!

I was mad, but I couldn't stop laughing. I waited all that time just to get the audio book, not an actual book to read. I asked the librarian if I could get the book instead and she scanned my card again, typed in the title of the book, and I saw her shoulders shrink.

I'm now 15th on the waiting list for the book.

I may never get to read it.

Before you ask, I tried listening to the CD today while working on the computer... I'm 20 minutes in and I can't tell you what's happening. :(

1 comment:

Dreama said...

aww. hope you get the book for Christmas then...it might be sooner than the wait list