Friday, May 12, 2006

Family ties...

usually a knot... perfect for a noose.

Yeah, it's super-fun happy family time again. *sigh*

I could start out with whining about my sister's husband "forgetting" to call today. Normally, I wouldn't care, but I kinda wanted to know if my sister was having a boy or girl.

Y'know, no biggie. We knew she was having the baby today, because it took use about a month to convince my parents that they may actually want to be around for the birth of one of their grandchildren. They weren't around for my 2 kids and they weren't around for my (4 going on 70 --remind me about "the comb-over kid" later) nephew's birth. Make one out of the 4, already, will you?

They've been getting antsy all day waiting for word. Personally, I'd have just driven to the hospital to get the news. She had a C-section, after all.

It's a girl. I'll be going in later today to see her.

My brother-in-law forgot to call the house, so my parents finally gave up and drove in. They called (it took me an hour to convince them to call me when they had news) me about an hour ago to let me know I'm an uncle again.

Now we just have to pray this kid turns out normal. My nephew had major heart problems which --I was scolded by a social worker about-- had nothing to do with my sister's 3-pack-a-day smoking habit.

Anyone want a family, by the way?

1 comment:

Dreama said...

no thanks...you can keep your loving family...I have my own...lol...my brother is so distant I forget I have one sometimes. He never calls or writes, and when I do call him, he acts as if nothing is wrong, and this is normal. Sure. He has two sisters for his only siblings and we haven't had any major blow outs, but he can usually never bother to call either of us for any reason. The rare times he does call, it has been for something really big, and I was shocked then to hear from him. My sister and I, on the other hand, talk at least once a week, as do my mother and I (online at least).

ah, families...