Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Putz II - The Putz Returns

I finally cornered Putz on Monday and asked why he hadn't made the requested scheduling move. His only defense was he thought he had.... Putz.

Then, yesterday, he emails me to see if it worked out and everyone ended up in the same class.... Putz, we weren't all in the same class on Monday when I talked to you and you said it was too late.

Besides, everyone took care of their own schedules, so it's all good now anyway (no thanks to the Putz).

I also emailed Putz a few weeks back about challenging a course. It's a course I've had practice (and prior training) over the past 20 years, so I don't want to pay $1000 and waste a Friday afternoon for 11 weeks doing something I'm totally comfortable doing.

Putz's only reply: "Come see me." Which I did. THREE TIMES.

Finally, on Monday, Putz let me know I need tons of documentation in order to challenge the class. He shows me one of my classmates "cases" as an example. While I defend my 20 years' experience, he keeps getting interrupted by phone calls and people dropping by.

Talking to Putz is like having a conversation with a 2-year old (something I also have experience with): You can't finish a sentence before their attention has turned to something else. It's why I brought my flashlight --I know they're always drawn to bright objects.

No comments: