Friday, April 28, 2006

All the Little Things....

  • My wife has been talking to one of the people who was in the meeting room on my last day at work. This person's the union rep. and my wife is asking questions about her status in the office. She's following a familiar path... been there for years, but doesn't seem to be any further ahead. The union rep. has asked about me, but I'm not exactly sure what all to say to her. I mean, besides what I'm up to these days. I'd rather wait until I'm done with school, though.
  • One of my oldest friends from the office was asking my wife about me the other day too. I haven't talked to her since I left as she was working in the same department where Drama Queen transferred to (before moving back, then getting fired). I was never sure just what all rumours Drama Queen spread about me after I'd left, but I'd heard enough to know people will believe anything. Needless to say, I haven't talked to her yet. Maybe one day.
  • That being said, I've emailed pictures of the kids to those I still talk to on a semi-regular basis. How to read this: I sent the email on Tuesday and haven't heard a peep from any of them. Is it just that they're too busy to reply, or do they just not care anymore?
  • Yes, Sex Caffeine was among the email recipients. It's been 4 months since we last shared an email conversation and almost a year since we last saw each other in person. So, uh, there.
  • For a starving student, I'm sounding pretty damned successful these days. Producing a video game. Typing this on one computer while the brand new computer hums politely beside me (with some 3D rendering going on). If everything works out, the brand new digital camera (a Fujifilm 5.2 megapixel) arrives tomorrow.
  • The reality is this: 1 - the new computer cost me $272. My parents threw in the rest. The new digital camera is an eBay deal. The LCD's damaged. So, instead of being a $400 camera, it was a $23 camera.
  • But I am producing that video game.
  • The big lazy ass, mentioned in the previous post, got his comeuppance on Wednesday night. The instructor who's mentoring us through the game production wigged out on him and shrunk the poor boy down to a few inches in height. Then, when he was done, he discovered that I'd already 'yelled' at the poor bastard. Well, the yelling started again at the poor guy and he was asked if he'd prefer me yelling at him or the mentor. I don't think I've ever really been the good guy before.
  • A little p.o.'d about 'Lost' last night (although I watched it at Midnight when I got home). I swear they've had the same cliffhanger ending for about 3 weeks or more. Yeah, it was another 'retro' episode (much like Desperate Housewives & Grey's Anatomy this week). It makes me think that the CSI & Cold Cade shows have the right idea. The story is the focus and the characterization is almost a footnote in the episode. For some reason it works, we get the slightest hint into their personal lives and we want more. We don't get much, but enough to keep us going.
  • I think I've run into another person from my past. My best friend for the majority of my teenage years had a major crush on this girl back in the late 80s. Don't get me wrong, she was cute, but we never totally got along. Our parents never liked each other, so the feud continued to the next generation. I think she has a kid in my daughter's class. There was a lady with familiar eyes (it's always the eyes for me) waiting outside for her kid. We kept staring at each other, but my son was keeping me duly distracted that I never had a chance to approach her. It's probably been 16 year since I last saw her, so it could very well be her. After all, when I ran into my old best friend one night, I thought he was some drunken lout looking for a fight...
  • I'm sorry I haven't written more this year. Slow blogging year, but freakin' busy everywhere else.

No comments: