Thursday, March 03, 2005

I Feel the Earth Move

So, I could start out with a joke about the earthquake we had last night as it happened when my wife & I were in bed....

But, alas, nothing's actually listed on the local seismology site about the Earth moving last night! So, hehe, I guess it was just us...

Seriously, though, it was a little freaky looking at the 50-most recent earthquakes in the area and seeing that 11 were in the past 4 days. And that the magnitude has been increasing each day. The lowest has been a 3.8 and the highest a 5.2, but what's really interesting is that they all occur within 20 miles of one another. That's close.

But if I'm reading the information correctly, they're deep enough that they don't cause any damage (despite the fact that most quakes over 5.0 DO cause damage.

So, maybe the big one is coming....

No comments: