Monday, July 05, 2004

My Finicky Computer


So, the new hardware for my computer has been ordered through a purchase plan here at work.  I can't afford (especially 3 days after paying property taxes) paying for the stuff any other way. By the end of the week, I'll have my new 200GB hard drive (yep, more room and more stuff to lose in the next crash!!), a new 19" flatscreen monitor (my monitor went in April and I've been using my 10-year old 14" for far too long), a new DVD-RW/DVD+RW (don't ask me the difference), so I can burn more and store it.  Each DVD is the equivalent of 5 CD-Rs, so my research can be condensed onto less material space now.  A new printer (mine's 6+ years old now) and a new scanner (6 year old scanner would randomly shut down my 1 year old computer) are also en route.

There's nothing worse than sitting at my desk with the old Celeron 300 and whining about how long it takes to load... anything.  I hate my finicky
computer.

No comments: