Thursday, July 15, 2004

My Dread

So, today's the beginning of The Big Project, which I figured would totally burn me out just before my vacation which officially starts on Monday.

But lo and behold, while I was expecting to be putting in 30+ hours over the next 4 days, my participation level is more along the lines of 18 hours. I can handle that. It's more like my vacation beings today.

And that's exactly what my children have figured out. As if a 'sign' from the two, both have decided to turn into monsters just in time for me to be home for the next 3 weeks. My daughter (who talks constantly already) has brought the whining up a notch or two. My son, sadly, has discovered a new horrible trait just shy of his first birthday:
The hissy-fit.

He literally sprawls out on the floor and screams and kicks and pounds his fists and he's discovered it a year early. This is going to be a long 3 weeks.

No comments: