Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The One With A Lot of FACE Time

Within minutes of one another I got invites to Facebook.com from about half a dozen people. A certain someone reading this post sent me one (I'm sure) and she's done it with other internet fad-du-jour sites in the past.

Not mad at her, but I noticed with a couple of the sites, they just keep spammin' ya until you sign up. So, sign up I did.

I have 18 friends on Facebook, some dating back to the late 80s who suddenly appeared on there and got in touch with me. I've got a friend in my old college roomie, a girl who I knew in a youth group in the early 90s (she remembers me better than I remember her), and one of my current supervisors.

Weird.

But it's also somewhat addicting and I check in every couple of hours to see how I'm doing.

And I kinda wish the girl would let me see her pictures... she looks much better now than she did back then!!

What else is weird? I've totally lost my typing skills whenever I type on my home computer. I forget words in sentences. I've lost me mind!!

1 comment:

Dreama said...

hmmm...I wonder who you are talking about...LMAO...I too got a bunch of invites and then caved and am now sorely addicted to it...so many of my old friends that I had lost touch with have found me through the site, or I have found them and its been a wonderful reunion. I know all those other sites like Frappr, Hi-5, Livespaces, blah, blah, blah...and I have never had this kind of connection made with old friends...usually just two or three of through each site.

See you on facebook....HAHAHAHAH