Thursday, November 09, 2006

Too Good to be True?

To say we hit a financial roadblock this week is to say it mildly. We discovered our bank (a credit union) doesn't do payment deferrals. So, while our account sits at 'zero,' we're required to have a mortgage payment in place by November 24.

So, as I stated before, my butt's been officially kicked to get going on the eBay stuff. And I am happy to report over $120 raised so far this week! I have an extremely rare book I'm putting on later today... I've only seen 2 other copies of the book, even on the internet, and I own 2 of them. I'm hoping for at least $100 for it and another rare book I'm selling is currently over $80 (and I was hoping for $50). So, things are starting to look a *little* better....

Then yesterday I receive a very odd phone call. The bank where we have a joint account and where I used to have my business account called to say I'd been pre-approved for a line of credit. A $15,000 line of credit. No income check, no credit check. Nothing.

Too good to be true? I find out this afternoon if my suspicions are correct and this is too good...

But imagine surviving for another couple of months??

1 comment:

Dreama said...

I'd want to know what the interest rates were first before using it much, although when you're in need, credit is credit.

I remember sending a money order to the bank to pay off an overdraft for an account I didn't use much anymore since we had switched our chequing to another bank and they sent them back with a letter saying the account was closed. SWEET! I had owed them about $700 or so. It couldn't have come at a better time too, as we were very financially strapped at the time, building our new home.

I have found that when things really get tight, and I feel like I'm in the depths of despair, something will always come around, at the last minute. And it is sweet when that happens. I've learned to really appreciate it!

Hope things continue to improve for you!