Monday, November 06, 2006

Dream in Detail

I've been meaning to write about a dream I had last week. I don't normally write about dreams because I have such minimalist dreams that there's usually nothing major occurring. Every once in a while I'll have a vivid dream where it feels a little too real. After leaving my job (From Hell!) I had several nightmares that I kept getting called to go back. I still have one of those every few months. Hmm, issues...

On Thursday night, however, I had a very long, extremely full and detailed dream. My wife & I were accepted as contestants 'Amazing Race' and discovered when we arrived that there was yet another new twist to the game: This time it was a celebrity edition of the show.

What that meant was that my wife & I were split up and paired instead with a celebrity partner. Yeah, that makes the race more difficult because suddenly you're not with someone you've had any type of relationship with, but with someone who, despite any level of fame, is an unknown factor. My wife was paired up with Matthew Perry.... And as strange as that was, my partner turned out to be....

Madonna.

Seriously.

While I don't remember all the details, I know that my wife and her partner were eliminated first. She has to drive instead of navigate and Matthew Perry turned out to be pretty bad at reading maps and had them drive south for 2 hours while everyone else drove north for 5 minutes... I was quite upset that my wife was out of the game already and was almost willing to give up completely on the game. Madonna talked me out of it, though.

As the race progressed, Madonna & I were usually in the lead. She was recognizable anywhere we went in the world, so there was always someone who would quickly jump in to help us. We argued a lot because she refused to do some of the stunts and then she kept claiming the first place prizes for each round ("Madonna, you and Guy can buy your own island in the Caribbean, how 'bout you let my wife & I take this prize??"). In the end, though, we came in second place after a grueling trip.

It was even a little surreal the next morning as I drank my morning coffee.... And watched Madonna on 'Regis & Kelly.' Weird.

I think out of anyone on the planet, Madonna would not be my primary choice to partner with on a race around the world.

Who would you pick?

1 comment:

Dreama said...

I would pick Matthew McConaughey.

What an interesting dream! I would love to be on the race, and had my own version of it years ago when A. and I were travelling in Europe and missed our flight by about 10 minutes...arrrrgggghhhh