Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mountain of Rage

I have been driving for 17 years. 17 years in which I've received a single ticket. One ticket for speeding. I've never been at fault for an accident and have a major discount with my insurance agency.

17 years.

The insurance company finally got back to me today to inform me that the accident in October, where a van came out of a side lane and t-boned my car, is 100% my fault. I failed to yield the right-of-way.

Um, what?

Even better, the insurance adjustor is inclined to side with me, but still put me at 100% at-fault. The van, coming off a short lane, had the right-of-way to turn in front of me. I should've stopped --on a major thoroughfare-- to let her into traffic. Anyone want to picture what would've happened had I stopped? I would've been rear-ended because nobody expects you to stop there!

Oh boy, is there an appeal coming.

No comments: