Monday, September 13, 2004

My Worst Fear

This is the third week of Hell at work and it wasn't like this a year ago. I recall around this time in 2003 doing a "quiz" stating on a scale of 1 to 10 how much I liked my job --and I put 10. Now, it's tough to get a 1.

Everyone's stressed and acting stupid. I'm forgetting little things because of all the big things going on. An email from a co-worker on Friday started out with "Jesus Christ, man! I told you what you needed to do already." Okay, but I was just asking for clarification.

It's not just me either. A friend in the IT department is quitting in a few weeks because he's had enough of the stress. He was balled out by one of the nicest people I know. I've known her for at least 10 years now and not once have I ever heard her talk down to anyone --and suddenly, she's off on a rant. Wow.

My boss isn't helping me either. Everything --and I do mean everything-- over the past few weeks has been a "top priority" from him. Right now I have a list of 10 top priorities and if I get 9 done in a day, then he's hounding me about #10. And I've had more than enough, thank you.

I said I'm 100% ready for a move to my old department, but that could very well be 110% now.

And that's my worst fear.

I'm so looking forward to a move (and the sooner the better) that if it doesn't happen, I'm going to lose it. Only twice in my 7+ years there have I ever been depressed. I was thinking more along the lines, today, that I'm exhausted. Not physically, no. Emotionally, though. I can't watch sad shows right now because I start getting choked up (even Wizard of Oz got to me) --and don't you dare make me watch 'Cold Case' or that'll send me over the edge.

I'm a 31 year old (I admitted it) man and I feel like I could cry at any moment just yo get over this. It's kinda crazy.

Even Sex Caffeine stated she's worried about me. She saw me on Friday and waved and I never noticed her. At all. And today, I almost forgot her real name.

I really need some good news. And soon.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

its called stress, my friend. every now and then I feel it too, and could just bust into tears. nothing unusual about it, but man, it can take over your life if you're not careful. good luck on the job changes.