Tuesday, September 07, 2004

My Justice

Hey, do you think I think it' wrong/immoral to download music and movies? I don't. I have my reasons, especially when it comes to movies. I've mentioned the dread whenever I go to the movies and get stuck close to the official 'theatre idiot' and Saturday night was no different.

I saw 'Hero' on Saturday and had originally just intended to download it. A friend form work wanted to go see it, so he brought his wife and son to my house to visit my family while we went to see the movie.

It's a Chinese movie with English subtitles. The movie begins with a brief history of China, surrounding the events.

There were a few people walk out of the movie, if for no other reason than as the guy sitting in front of me said: "I didn't come to the movie so I gotsta read it." Fine. Go home.

Later in the film, one of the characters makes a momentous decision that results in a scoff from behind me and the comment: "Stupid Japanese woman." Yes, stupid Japanese woman. Although, she's not too stupid if she has such a good grasp of Chinese and comes from, oh grasping at straws here..., CHINA.

Oh man, give me the privacy of my own home to sit down (like I am right now, watching 'Lost in Translation') and watch a movie. Lost in Translation takes place in Japan. I wonder if there are any stupid Chinese women in it...

No comments: