Saturday, November 26, 2005

Latin Active

I mentioned earlier in the week that I was getting annoyed with emails going ignored & such. One such "ignorer" was 'Latina Lady,' who used to work for me 2 years ago now. We've kept in touch over the years, but suddenly she stopped replying to emails and disappeared off of MSN. Honestly, I thought she'd put me on 'ignore.' We'd gotten together one day for a drink and I was a little nervous that she was hoping for a little more. She really did herself up for a simple drink.... and, oh, she did look hot.

So, wouldn't you know it. Thursday night (when I finally got some sleep after being awake for 61 hours) she tries to contact me over MSN. Ugh.

We talked yesterday over MSN and it was like nothing negative happened since we last saw each other. Weird, I know. And she really wants to get together again soon.

I don't know.... It was just good to hear from her again. I know she talks on occasion to my old boss (From Hell!) because they both workout at the same gym. She doesn't really like him and she hates the co-workers from Hell, so we always had sometihng to laugh about.

Oh, and yep, there were rumours about us around the office too. When she was graduating with her B.A., I managed to snag an extra half-dozen tickets for her family flying up from Mexico, just so she didn't have to wait overnightin the rain with all the other students desperate for 1 or 2 extra tix for their families. I pulled strings and got away with a good haul. There were hugs and kisses galore as a thank you and I tried to pull her away form the doors when she did it (basically so no one would see, but it's pretty difficult to do). I bring this up because it was brought up by the VP as a long list of excuses on My Last Day.

In some ways, I'd love to have her tell my old boss (From Hell!) that something did happen. That way, he'd go back to the office and wonder if all the other rumors were true as well. People would wonder how I managed to get any work done.

And, of course, how I did it better than them.

No comments: