Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Absent Without Permission

I didn't go to school today. I couldn't handle it. Assignment's not done, for the second week in a row. Something about Tuesday classes....

That, and the 2+ hours of commuting (there & back) just don't hit me well today.

I've been trying to find a way for people to relate to my frustrations and this is the list I've come up with:
  • If you're trying to change a TV channel on your remote, you'd have to hold down the TV button at the same time as pressing the 'up' or 'down' buttons.
  • Typing anything in MS Word requires a special key to be pressed after opening a new document otherwise every word comes out in Pig Latin.
  • Imagine the only way you start your car is if you use a key to turn on the engine and a key to turn on the steering wheel. And there's a different key position for each season of the year.
I decided this morning to go out a find a book on the 3D program, but to no avail. The local library has a great selection of Windows 95 books, but nothing from this century. The 2 local book stores no longer carry computer books. The local shops that used to have computer reference sections have also shut them down. S-O-L, unless the book downloads come through sometime soon.

Oh, and why do things like this happen to me?

It was recommended to me yesterday that I read a book published 4 years ago as it has some ideas that might help influence my group for the graduating project. Keep in mind, this book came out 4 years ago. So, off to the library for this book as well:
  1. Although there are usually 2 copies available at the local library branch, both copies were signed out.
  2. One was signed out yesterday.
  3. The other within 30 minutes of me arriving today.
  4. 2 other people have requested a hold on the books.
  5. Meaning the earliest I can get my hands on a copy is early January 2006.
  6. Getting a copy from another library branch was not available as 3 copies have been discovered missing in the past week and there are hold requests at those libraries for the book as well.
Seriously. Does this happen to anyone else??

On the upside: Needing more movies to watch while I work --something about the pace of movies really helps speed things along (when the program works), I had a cool coupon to rent 6 DVDs at a low price. So:
  1. The Italian Job (I've never seen it before)
  2. Alien Resurrection (enjoyed it, but haven't seen it since it was in theaters)
  3. Daredevil - Director's Cut (gotta see what the difference is.... 30 minutes of additional footage, hopefully with lotsa Jennifer Garner *sigh*)
  4. Hero (again, enjoyed it but only saw it in the theater)
  5. American Wedding (just watched the 1st two after downloading them, but couldn't find a cohesive version of the final part of the trilogy)
  6. Insomnia (locally filmed movie with Robin Williams and Al Pacino. Haven't seen it before)
OK, time to get back to "schoolwork."

No comments: