Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Push

As I mentioned in 'Bruised,' I was put through some fitness tests and flexibility tests by the new personal trainer. It's been 6 weeks since I started and I'm still at it. The trainer's great, he pushes me, but because we only meet once a week and he leaves it to my motivation for the other 6 days, my climb to better shape and fitness/well-being is a gradual one that isn't killing me.

My asymmetry was... "heavier" on my right side. My flexibility exercises dealt with getting my left to match. After 6 weeks, I'm there. So, instead of taking it easy, the exercises pick up now. Where before I was doing slight motion and flex exercises, now I'm doing medium motion and weighted flex exercises. And the weighted exercises went up by 10 pounds in one week.

The big challenge right now is the fact that I have a big payment coming up at the end of July. And a big payment at this time of year isn't wanted. So, as much as I'd like to avoid it when I'm so busy at work... eBay is once again rearing it's ugly head!

I feel like I'm getting pushed in too many directions!

As a slight additional.... no, I haven't checked my weight in the past 6 weeks. I'm almost afraid to check! While I've gotten compliments from people about how I'm standing (seriously, people say I'm taller than they're used to seeing!), and about how I'm looking, a quick glance at my profile in a window today brought my confidence crashing down to Earth. For the most part, I'm feeling better, but I'm not too sure on the LOOKING better!!

No comments: