Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Ditched

Today, July 1st, is a holiday here in Canada and it kind of sucks to have a holiday on a Tuesday. I decided a while back that I'd take the Monday off work. I'd have a nice 4-day weekend and hopefully get to relax.

It wasn't soon afterward that Dreama announced she'd be making her way through my territory at the end of June. It became a question of when exactly she'd be around... would I be in town myself for a visit?

Well, the answer was 'no' as her schedule showed her in town the same days I'd be off. So, chances are, Dreama and I would not be meeting up at the end of June.

But then some strange events fell into place. An ex-girlfriend (& Facebook friend) asked if I was in town on the 30th and maybe we could meet for breakfast. She & I work about 4 blocks from each other, so pretty much any other day would work but June 30th. But then another friend had the 30th off and wanted to catch up over coffee --in town. Seeing as how it was a Monday and I usually meet with my trainer on Mondays, I thought "y'know... I'll take the day off and just be a social butterfly, meeting up with friends for breakfast, coffee, lunch with Dreama and then a good workout in the afternoon to burn off the excess calories.

Everything came together nicely.

And then breakfast was cancelled... and the coffee friend made plans to go away for the long weekend... and Dreama decided to stay away for a couple extra days and skip town altogether.

I was totally ditched. And Dreama's a brat, for sure.

No comments: