Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Brooding

People at work today could definitely tell I was having an "off day" today. While I tried my best not to be surly, the mood would get a little gloomier as the day went on. And to think this morning I was completely fine.

See, yesterday I made a mistake. I've always been a bit of an impulse buyer as it helps my mood. For the most part this week, it hasn't been bright and cheery. It's been quite the stress test and I've used every lunch hour to escape. And yesterday I spent $20 on some CDs. When I got home last night, my wife informed that she was having car troubles. Then she announced she'd decided to go ahead with some dental that isn't covered by my work plan. It's going to cost about $400 and who knows how much the car repairs will be. Needless to say, thinking about those high cost items, I forgot about the CDs in my bag.

This morning, my wife sent me a nasty email. She found the CDs in my bag and is mad at me for not telling her about them. She went on to say she has trust issues with me now and can' comprehend how I could spend money so carelessly. She wanted me to think about what I'd done and stew about it all day.

I relied immediately to her email, apologizing for not telling her about them. I was not defensive, even though... in my defense... I didn't think it was that big a deal.

I never got a reply. All day.

So, I was left to brood and, yes, stew for the entire day. The question is: What now? I've apologized and it was an impulsive thing. I seriously think, though, that I'm missing something if she has "trust issues" with me. And that's not a good thing to have me brooding about for a day.

It's not going to be a good night.

(from the train)

1 comment:

Dreama said...

It hardly seems like buying a couple of cds is a trust issue. Sounds like she overreacted and is trying to shift blame to you for her spending.