Friday, May 16, 2008

Women

Between Facebook, the commuter train, and home, women are truly a focal point in my life. I'd originally written "women are truly becoming a focal point", but I know that's not true: They ARE a focal point.

Work doesn't count. I'm in a department of 80 people and there's 2 women. Of course, maybe that's why I'm going crazy right now. Girl crazy.

I mentioned in a previous post that there's a woman on the train who drives me nuts. I've called her 'Train Hottie' in earlier posts, but there's much much more to the story.*

At least 7 months ago, I was warned a high school field trip was getting on the train and sitting in the usual car where I would sit for the beginning of my annoying morning commute. I moved to the next car and it took a few seconds before I realized there was quite the attractive blond sitting in the next seating section. Over the months I've learned a few things about her. She sits with her Mom and some friends. She's married with 2 kids. Her name (but no mention of it here). Oh, and that she has back problems. I helped her up the stairs on the train one day as she'd just had surgery the day before... Always a gentleman... :) There was also a span of about 2 weeks where I was driving in more than I was taking the train, plus I was sick for a couple days and therefore not on the train for close to 15 days. When I walked up the stairs the next morning for the pleasurable commute, she was sitting in her usual spot, said good morning to me and followed it with "You're here again. All's right with the world." Very sweet. I paid her back this week when I commented on her haircut (it was a couple inches shorter, but still fairly long). None of her friends had noticed yet. Oh yeah, good job by me.

As the first to really catch my eye, she's now known as Train Hottie... #1.

Yeah, you can see where this is going (prepare for a long, long, LONG post!).

Train Hottie #2 has been mentioned in previous posts. She falls under the 'My God Hot' category. She's stunningly beautiful, always reading (occasionally wearing glasses, other times not), and has a smile that brightens up the day. I've seen the smile on rare occasions, which kind of makes them a special treat. I have one of those smiles to talk about, but that's for another time (but worth it --I suffer for it). I've been trying to figure out who she looks like and the closest I've seen is the actress Elizabeth Mitchell. Sadly, since I started the easier commute, #2 has only sat with me a few times, although twice in the last week. Yes, you can say I have a mad-on crush on her. One day I was very excited to see her on one of my downtown lunchtime excursions. One of my co-workers was with me and confirmed to the other guys in my office that I have good taste. Of course I do!

Train Hottie #3 totally reminds me of Kari Matchett (she's a TV actress who's been in several series over the past few years: 24, Heartland, Studio 60, ER). #3 usually sits beside me on both the commute in and on the way back. She's one of three I see on both trips. We barely ever talk, but when we do, she's very amiable. A great set of legs too. :)

Train Hottie #4 totally distracted me a few weeks before Christmas last year. She sits with a group of people a few sections down, but on busier days, they've squeezed in with me. She totally reminds me of my first girlfriend and when I discovered she shared the same name, I truly wondered if it could be her. (She isn't, though). The day I first saw her, she was showing off her new blouse to her friends. Now, most people would start out by saying they bought a new blouse and then ask if anyone wanted to see it (obviously, close to Christmas, it was cold and she was wearing a winter jacket). Nope, she whipped open her jacket and said "Whaddaya think of this?" And THEN followed up by saying she bought a new blouse... She wasn't asking me what I thought, obviously, but she did turn to me when she realized I was there and smiled, "Oh, your opinion counts too," she says. My only response (besides "uh-bahh?") was "that was distracting." She's not as attractive as the other hotties, but she makes up for it with her amazing sense of humor. Yes, she makes the trip go by faster.

All 4 Train Hotties above have similar characteristics. Blond hair, blue eyes. And while Train Hottie #5 also has the blond hair, she has extremely deep brown eyes that truly drive me crazy. I first saw her earlier this year and was completely stunned with her looks. I know next to nothing about her, as I've sat with her twice. Two other times, I've given up my seat for her with good reason. She's pregnant, and as I found out this week, she's about 6 months along. And to be honest, I think she's even better looking now than she was before. Oh yes, one of my coworkers congratulated me when I commented that TH#5 was pregnant. He told me he didn't realize women could have a baby simply by having a guy ogle them.

Jerk.

This post is longer than I thought and I haven't even hit (ahem, LOL) on the other women in my life right now. So, there's a sequel and I have a name for that post already. Stay tuned tomorrow!

*I was also mistaken when I said she was the 3rd woman who'd caught my eye. If that's true, I honestly can't remember who #2 is!

2 comments:

Dreama said...

You seem awfully preoccupied with the opposite sex for a married man...I work in a field where there are very few men, and don't know that I've really given it much though...and I'm single!

Big Hoser said...

Well, YEAH, I'm preoccupied!

It's a problem, but one I'd rather write about than actually deal with.

~HH.