Sunday, October 14, 2007

The One With The Distant Heart

Another post with snippets of things going on in life. Hey, at least you know I'm alive, right?

Facebook: My friends totals jump in spurts these days and I've discovered a few old friends to add to the list. I do like sending messages and catching up with people. I've only added one of my best friends from my school days. I know 2 others for sure are on Facebook, but I can't be bothered to talk to them any more. One of them annoyed the crap out of me at our high school reunion to the point that all the things that made us drift apart in the first place resurfaced. The other one... we had a falling out in senior high and we've talked once or twice since.

I am friends with his ex-wife, though. She remembers initially meeting me at a lake about 2 years before I ever remember seeing her at anything. My best friend who annoyed me later in life was there the day she talks about, but I don't remember her at all. I haven't seen her in about 15 years. She admitted to having a crush on me back then, which makes me wonder what life could have been with her. No, none of it looks interesting. Another girl I used to hang with in the late 80s and early 90s also just admitted to having "a thing" for me back then. Odd.

Coincidentally, the girl I had a big crush on in senior year is friends with me as well. She's rated me as one of her top friends and says I'm the kindest, smartest, most punctual, most reliable... and most dateable. Hunh?!?!

Work: The big date with all the layoffs happened on Friday. Out of the 500 people hired for the busy season, 450 are now gone. I'm not. My office area went from 18 people to 6 and the team I was on went from 50 to 14. I'm also not sure just how long I'm going to last, but I've impressed enough people that I have some sort of staying power. That hasn't stopped me applying for other work. The commute is still killer when I have to drive. I had to do that a lot over the past 2 weeks and in the end I discovered I'd worked 107 hours in total. It's no wonder I'm tired.

Africa: I promise. Africa is going to be a lengthy post. Hopefully soon. Not today, though, and probably not for at least a week. It'll be big, long, and most likely heavy. That's why it's taking so long to post. It's that big.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

I know what you mean about Facebook. I have reconnected with some old high school friends who are in shock that I even remember them...crazy!