Friday, April 20, 2007

The One About the Burning Shirt


I may have mentioned long ago one of the lonely female classmates of mine who had a bit of a medical emergency in class one day --and how I was sitting beside her when she collapsed off the chair...

Well, it happened twice while we were in school, but the second time I knew enough about the problem that it didn't escalate to a collapse like last time and I was able to help her out pretty damn quick. But there was something I noticed the second time it happened...

I was wearing the exact same shirt both times.

It was one of my favorite shirts from my old job (From Hell!), where I acquired quite the "logo" collection over my 7 years. It was an extremely comfortable one and (I think) fit quite nicely.

After the second medical incident, I put the shirt away to wear later in the future, once I was done with school. No more bad luck rubbing off form this shirt!!

So, Wednesday it came out from the bottom of my shirt drawer to see sunlight for the first time in over a year. One of my favorite shirts and a year goes by between wearings.... the bad luck's gotta be gone, right?

Just after lunch at work a guy collapsed in a heap in the kitchen, not 10 feet from me. He chugged some ice cold water after a 1-hour workout. At my old office (from Hell!), a friend of mine collapsed at the front of the classroom while giving a lecture and had to be sent to hospital.

And my grueling 4 days of intensive training had me assigned to sit beside.... Idiot Boy.

Yep, that's it! I was almost crying my eyes out just thinking about having to spend 4 days with the guy who ruined school for me sitting right beside me! FOUR DAYS!!! Four freakin' days!!!!!

The shirt came off at home, fell into the bottom of a trash can, got doused with lighter fluid and away it burned!!!

Hopefully, the bad luck has been exorcised for everyone.

No comments: