Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Tuesday Effect

Quote for the day [from my 4-hour class instructor]:
"Okay, we only have 20 minutes left, so let's get started!"

Seriously. We started our "lesson" 3 hours and 40 minutes after class started...

Kinda sad, really. This morning while showering I realized that Tuesdays in this program of mine just aren't a good thing. I was thinking about how annoying my current class is when I suddenly thought about the previous 2 semesters.

So here's a rundown of the 3 Tuesday classes in this program:
In my first semester, my Tuesday class was:
1 - My lowest mark for the semester.
2 - The one instructor I didn't like.
3 - The one instructor who didn't like me.

In my second semester, my Tuesday class:
1 - Was my lowest mark overall in the entire program.
2 - Was the one where the instructor ran out of things to say every week.
3 - Was the one where we got all our assignments back on the last day of the semester.

This, my third semester, my Tuesday class is:
1 - The one where the instructor showed up 90 minutes' late the first day.
2 - The one where he shows us something "new" every hour which we should've known before we started our project.
3 - The one where 3 hours after we should've handed in our assignment, he says, "Didn't I show you how to do this?"
4 - The one where, 3 hours later, we still haven't submitted our assignments because he's till showing us stuff.
5 - The one where he was going to show us our next project an hour ago, but he got distracted and is doing something else entirely instead.

Thus, leading to 3 hours and 40 minutes of time wasted. Overall in this one class, we've wasted over 5 hours of class time. Disgusting.

If I have any Tuesday classes scheduled next semester, I'm changing them ASAP.

No comments: