Monday, August 22, 2005

Worry

Today was an official 'worry day' for me. To start, my daughter was going to a party at a local lake this afternoon.

Yeah, I know. I could worry a little bit about my daughter goofing around by the lakeside, but she's 5 years old and hasn't learned how to swim yet.

So I worried.

My wife, working today, also called home to let me know her shifts were cut drastically for September. She has 4 shifts for the entire month. She's been working a minimum of 2 shifts a week for about 4 months now, so this comes as a bit of a surprise.

I mentioned briefly in a previous post that my wife is in line for one of my old jobs. She still is, but now I worry that "higher ups" have talked and have decided to ostracize her because of how they feel (felt?) about me. Her other semi-regular on-call work hasn't materialized yet either and she usually knows about it by mid-August.

So I worry.

Tomorrow marks my final payment from the government since I left work. I thought it was being paid until October, but it turns out my eligibility runs out in October --the money goes bye-bye tomorrow.

And I worry.

We had a meeting at the bank over a week ago. We were looking for a student line of credit or something along those lines as we head into very lean months ahead. I was hoping for a home equity loan, but so far everything's fallen through because of our lack of income.

So I'm worried.

What I need to do now is find that level of faith I had back in November. I need to remember that everything's going to turn out fine as long as I continue to believe.

Can I be faithful and worry too?

2 comments:

Dreama said...

Of course you can be faithful and worry too...you are working with people who may not all subscribe to the same faith as you, if any at all. But faith isn't everything and I'm sure you'll have to be very proactive to get on top of things before things get so lean, they are skeletal...so get moving with that ebay stuff, ya hoser!

Jules said...

I'd have worried bout the lake thing too. I don't go for swimming parties until the kids are at least 7 or 8. My friend is having one for her son, turning 6, and his kindergarten classmates. My opinion.....BIG MISTAKE!!!!