Sunday, January 04, 2009

My Holiday's End

Today is the last day of my 2-week vacation. It's snowing... again. I think this has to be the worst winter in recent memory. Even on the days we're supposed to get relief from the winter weather and return to our rainy West Coast climate we just end up getting more snow.

Snow kept me from a number of things yesterday, including writing a little something here on the blog.

As soon as I was standing up out of bed, I was getting dressed to go shovel snow off the driveway. My in-laws got rid of all my metal shovels, so I have a cheap plastic one that rides over top of any packed snow. In other words, I shovelled all the powdery snow on top, leaving nothing but a slippery mess underneath.

Enter Dreama for a visit and she gets stuck in the snow for a very frustrating hour. She had every right to be livid with the weather, even though she more used to it than I am. It's just that it's been following her everywhere. I feel for ya!

After that, I ended up shoveling more in the evening after my wife & I dumped kids off at various homes and escaped to the movies for a couple of hours. After that shoveling spree, I had a friend visit for about 15 minutes, then got the kids to bed and slumped on the couch to nurse my shoulder (sore from constant snow shoveling) and watch Titanic with my wife. I had no intention to watch that movie, but it was on and I wasn't up to moving --even to the computer 15 feet away.

And the snow continues to fall. I'm on my way back to work tomorrow and hopefully it's a better start to 2009 than the ending in 2008.

5 comments:

Dreama said...

livid...yes, yes, that would describe my mood...I was fed up with winter at that point, and so happy to see dry roads once I crossed the Rockies.

There are better snow shovels out there that are better for the shoulder, such as a big scoop...they move tons of snow with very little lifting...you just run the scoop up over your snow pile and dump...can be downright FUN...(or not)...

Anonymous said...

Hello there.. You may now submit your blog to our newly created PR 3 Blog Directory.. Have a nice day! Keyworddir.info

Anonymous said...

Hello.. Do you know how to Add Adsense Code Inside Single Post Only in XML Template? Visit your blog to learn how.. Have a nice thursday!

Dreama said...

you are getting blog spam - I have my comments page moderated so I can reject the spam.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....