Thursday, January 01, 2009

My Final Year

This blog's been going downhill over the past few years as my time disappears quickly. I managed one post during the final half of December, the entire time I was "on vacation." I just don't have the time anymore.

This blog was originally my daily journal, to keep track of thoughts/ideas and problems I was having at work. I try not to talk about work anymore (it could get me in major trouble) and my thoughts and ideas come and go quickly and don't always get written down anymore. And let's face it: It was never a daily journal, since my best year of writing consisted of 280+ posts, not quite the 365 needed for a daily journal.

So, I think this is the final year.

Going full circle, I've opted to go back to the theme of "my year," although admittedly, last time it was all about being selfish and getting my way. It's been 5 years. I've grown a bit (wider and wiser) and think I can more clearly state that My Year in 2009 is more about growth. No, not physical, but mental and hopefully spiritual growth. I can challenge myself to write a daily journal and we'll see how long it takes me to break that promise. If I can do it, then sometime this summer I'll hit my 1,000th post on this blog and hitting that mark will be a milestone in and of itself.

So, the countdown begins. It's 2009, My Final Year for this blog, and hopefully a more interesting year than 2008.

2 comments:

Madley said...

And I'll still be here (quietly), enjoying it!

Dreama said...

I too have been considering wrapping up my blog...with Facebook demanding so much of my time, and my life becoming oh so busy, I just don't seem to have the time or the interest in writing like I used to. I may become re-inspired as the year goes on, so who knows.