Monday, September 12, 2005

Hello Time Bomb

Had another long bout with the kids today/tonight. It's coming on 10:30 and I'm finally getting away from them.

Phew!

I'm also drinking. Have I mentioned the drinking? Not only back on coffee, but tonight's mug also has a bit of Kahlua and Bailey's mixed in for good (goooood) measure.

I feel warm.

The bottle of Kahlua (to give you an idea how often I drink it) is the leftovers from my 27th birthday (good thing I'm only 29, dammit!). It was an office cake. Yep, with Kahlua. There were only 5 of us in the department that summer. There had been 30+, but most people had been laid off in the springtime and somehow we'd survived. Most of us were on temporary contracts and they couldn't be bothered buying us out. So, we screwed around instead. I think 1 person from that party still works at the university. My friend Bean was one of the ones laid off, but she had enough seniority to stick around until last week. Anyway, the guy who does all the bad news stuff (there's always one and I can pick 'em out faster than I can with my oddly built in gaydar) decided to drop by the office that day tos ee how we were coping. I'm sure the bottlew of Kahlua at the reception desk was pretty much a dead giveaway.

And, yes, he's the one I had my meeting with back in October...

I'm really digressing right now, you have no idea.

Anyway, to sum up: Drinking.

Don't know if you've had a chance to play Sims 2, but I noticed something the other day on my "mental break" from my projects. I haven't played in quite some time, but it's the type of game where I can sit down and play for just a few minutes and then move on. Even though I'm going through a majorly complicated plot with all my characters --one guy's impregnating the entire female population.

Hehe.

Anyway, one of the women who is really showing right now was dealing with her other 3 kids and was looking pretty weak and tired. As I was playing, I thought something had happened with my speakers as there was a weird noise continually humming along. Within moments, I noticed that the woman had just laid down on the floor like Sims do when they're so exhausted and can no longer hike to their beds (the timing's off in sims games and if your house is too big, it could literally take all morning for your Sim to wake up, shower, and cook breakfast --the walk to the kitchen being in excess of 1 hour).

And then Death walked into the house and claimed her soul.

Aside from the one really bad housefire, it was my first experience with Sim-death. I'm not sure if the noise was part of it or not, but it definitely added a level of spookiness to it.

Even worse, as I tried desperately last night to get some sleep, I found myself both awake --and hearing a similar noise.

Finally fell asleep just before 5 this morning. And then up and helping take care of my little terrorist by 8:30.

Yes, my son's definitely a terrorist. Screw this "terrible two's" B.S. Nope, it's the "terrorist two's." Think of it this way: "Terrible" means 'bad.' Therefore, to be "terrible" means to be bad, or misbehave. Name a 2-year old who merely misbehaves.

Now, can you think of a 2-year old who creates havoc wherever he goes, lays down senseless and utter destruction anywhere at anytime and AND has no regard for his own life or anyone else's?

I can. He's in his crib sleeping peacefully right now. He's kind of a cute terrorist too.

No comments: