Friday, September 16, 2005

Angry Today

I have had very, VERY little sleep since I got up Tuesday morning to head into my last week of school.... 136 hours of work into my 4 final projects for the semester. A lot of damn, hard, friggin' work. the one class I saw as a "breeze" netted me a C+ after I received all my assignments AFTER submitting my final project. What's that mean? Any mistakes I'd unwittingly made on previous assignments were all present on my final becuase I didn't KNOW I'd made any mistakes.

Jerk.

I tried sleeping at campus on Wednesday night/Thursday morning atfer already being up for an all-nighter Tuesday into Wednesday. Got almost 90 minutes' sleep in my car before all the shipping trucks showed up (and drove over the series of double-speedbumps set up in the lot. So, I just got back to work and somehow made it through Thursday and came home. I was supposed to go to a meeting last night, but... no way was I going. They usually go to 11pm or later and I wasn't putting up with that. I'd rather go home and sleep.

Only I had to pick up the kids and take care of them until they fell asleep. My daughter at 9 and my son at 10:30. So, I got into the Coca Cola to keep me awake until the kids were asleep.

Only that kept me up 'til about 1am.... From 9am Tuesday to 1am Friday: 90 minutes' sleep. At least my wife's home all day today to take care of the kids.

Except she forgot to write down she's working again today. At least that means I'm only taking care of my son until 2pm when we got to pick my daughter from school.

Except she's sick today. And my son's screaming for his Mommy. (I feel so loved).

So, hopefully my son goes for a nap this afternoon. Then maybe I can get to work on eBay stuff downstairs. and check my email.

Except suddenly my gmail account was in Russian, so I reset the language and now I can't login anymore.

And my son is still screaming 45 minutes later. And I barely had any sleep because of the screaming.

And I can't get help from Google for my f-cking gmail account because I used my old work email address as a secondary address (shit!).

AND I can't do any eBay stuff today because I'm using our upstairs ancient computer (a Celeron 300) which seems to be more vegetative on a daily basis. My typing may be horrendous in this message simply becuase the keys are getting tight on the keyboard.

AND it won't recognize the optical mouse so I have an old mouse attached which literally bounces aroundthe screen when you move it.

AND I need to get in touch with my parents as we need a co-signor for a home-equity loan in order to survive the next 12 months.

AND I really, really need this kid to stop screaming!

And, Dreama, what is it that everyone on the planet is doing at the same time? The optimists (you saw the messages) say 'breathing.'

I say dying.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

I still say its breathing...it could also be dying, but that's far more morbid...