Saturday, November 08, 2008

Guy

With time to spare on my visit to the dentist, I made my way across the street to a shop I'd wanted to check out for some time. I entered the store and saw a familiar face inside.

No, it's not someone I actually know --or even met, before really. He's one of the coffee bar guys on my morning train. A little odd to suddenly run into him. He recognized me too. He's seen me on the train and he's also seen who I usually sit with. In fact, they've talked quite a few times in the station. I often wondered how they could know each other, before the obvious answer came to me: She gets a coffee every morning. At least once a week he serves it to her. They have a chance to talk. Simple.

He came over to talk to me and commented on recognizing me from the train. I told him the same. We talked about a few things and I mentioned (not sure why) that I've seen him talk to the hottie I usually sit with. And he says, "Oh. Oh, you must be that guy!"

And my response was a simple: "What guy?" And then his cell phone rang. He took the call and excused himself. I walked around the shop for a bit and when I turned next, he was waving goodbye as he walked out the door.

Wait. I'm that guy! WHAT guy?!? Am I that guy, who creeps her out? That guy, who longs to talk to her every morning? That guy, who bases the quality of his entire day based on whether or not he see her smile? That guy, who would give anything to learn more about her? That guy, who's been too afraid to ask her name because he doesn't want to come across as creepy? What guy?

What guy!?!

No comments: