Monday, September 01, 2008

Listen

I had a mini-"discussion" with my sister over Facebook the other day. She's totally hooked on the new Kid Rock song which just made me shake my head again and again. Kid Rock? Gah.

It's hard to believe we're related, my sister & I. We had a musical mini-meme (and I had to explain what a meme was...) and our tastes in music couldn't be more different.
  • Where I'm listening to the Creaky Boards, she's listening to Kid Rock.
  • Where I'm listening to Sufjan Stevens, she's listening to Def Leppard.
  • Where I'm listening to Mock Orange, she's listening to Black Sabbath.
  • Where I'm listening to the Stars, she's listening to Poison.
While I, at some point in my life, have listened to all those she listening to (save Kid Rock --ew!), it's like she hasn't evolved her tastes at all. My music selection is constantly changing. Thanks to sites like NPR.org, I'm discovering groups and musicians I've never heard before. I love it!

Now to convince my sister to give it a try...

1 comment:

Dreama said...

You know, a person's taste in music is the one thing they should not have to defend. I stopped doing it long ago. Your tastes may have been an evolution of change, but she might just be on another planet...