Sunday, July 08, 2007

The One With Little To Say

3 weeks between posts pretty much wraps up what I have to say.... nothing much at all.

I am tired, that's for sure. The past 3 weeks have averaged about 70 hours' work. It's been a long haul, but the first project is essentially done and I've moved on to a second one already. This project's a bit bigger and with it comes more responsibility. I have a couple guys answering to me, so I have to make sure they're keeping on track. It's also about three times the size of the previous group I was with and there's been a few people fired already too. There was one guy around my age who was fired this week for doing something really stupid... something that should be common knowledge not to do, but he did it anyway and paid the price. Very stupid person. The office is actually filled with a number of idiots like that, though, and they're fairly easy to spot. If they're younger, then they usually have their pants below their ass and if they're older, they think ratty t-shirts are "work casual."

Idiots.

The reunion thing his a snag and was re-scheduled to my birthday. I've never been one for socializing with too many people on my birthday anyway, so the idea of meeting up with a number of people who may or may not have been part of my past doesn't enthuse me. Apparently, there was 40+ people on Facebook planning on attending and another 100+ not online who sent an RSVP as well. Then someone went and announced it was back on the original date, and at a new location. Typical. Then the original host announced that they knew nothing of the new time/location and that the reunion was still going as scheduled. Even more typical. I had major flashbacks to the crap I faced with these people in the early 90s and promptly left the group (in '94 and in 2007!). Enough. I emailed the people I'd like to catch up with and left it at that. Good enough for me.

Work's been busy enough that I've had no time to work on any other projects. EBay is unofficially out of the picture until I can figure out some schedule for mailing stuff. I desperately needed to get some items out a few weeks ago and wasn't able to do it until last week. EBay buyers have never been a patient bunch (I've gotten emails within 24 hours of receiving payment asking why their stuff hasn't arrived), so delaying things doesn't help.

I can't think of anything else right now, so this post's come to an end.

2 comments:

Madley said...

No matter what's going on, HH, it's always good to hear from you :) Best--

Dreama said...

Well, it's good to know you're not dead after all...glad to see you post again - missed you!